Bereaved relatives and survivors of the July 7 attacks reacted angrily last night after a suicide video from one of the four London bombers was released on the eve of the first anniversary.
In a chilling last testament, Shehzad Tanweer warned that last year's bombings were "only the beginning" of a campaign of terror.
Jabbing his finger at the camera, he declared there would be a string of attacks unless troops were withdrawn from Afghanistan and Iraq.
The video was released by al Qaida in what experts said was a blatant attempt to overshadow today's anniversary.
Nader Mozakka, 50, from Finchley, north London, whose wife Behnaz died in the King's Cross Tube bombing, said the tape and its timing were "abhorrent".
"It's like a smack in the face - the timing especially," he said.
"They have released it at the time when a lot of survivors are going through hell.
"This is typical of the enemy that we have. They have no respect - they kill innocent people."